It is only with committed volunteers that Resources for Women is able to provide a Christ-like and compassionate response to women and men facing unplanned pregnancy in our community. Our volunteers come from many denominations and local churches around the Daytona Beach area. Resources for Women is not affiliated with any one church or denomination.
Resources for Women volunteers are mature believers and have a great deal of empathy for others. Requirements for all volunteers include the following: a proclamation of faith in Christ, in good standing and regularly attend a local church, practice of abstinence outside of marriage, respect and commitment to client confidentiality, no involvement in abortion protest activities, and a humble and teachable attitude.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. We are committed to sharing the Gospel. RFW is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His Church. Therefore, RFW, through its volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women with crisis pregnancies-both in word and deed. To insure this purpose is fulfilled those who labor as RFW board members, directors and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
2. We are committed to our clients. RFW is committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion.
3. We are committed to integrity. RFW is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust and providing information and services. RFW denounces any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with its clients.
4. We are committed to offering hope and a future. RFW is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
5. We are committed to fairness. RFW does not discriminate in providing services because of race, religion, color, national origin, age, or marital status of its clients.
6. We are committed to the sanctity of human life. RFW does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
7. We are committed to affordable assistance. RFW offers assistance free of charge at all times.
8. We are committed to awareness. RFW is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
9. We are committed to abstinence outside of marriage.
10. We are committed to all abortion alternatives including adoption. RFW recognizes the validity of adoption as one alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. Centers are independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as to other helpful referral sources. CPCs receive no payment of any kind from these agencies, do not enter into contractual relationships with them and do no share combined office space. Adoption agencies are not established under the auspices of CPCs. CPC neither initiate nor facilitate independent adoptions, though may they may refer for independent adoptions in states where it is legal.
RFW could not succeed without dedicated volunteer support. Thank you for your interest. Given the special vulnerability of the women we serve and the desire of many abortion-advocates in the industry and the media to discredit our work, all volunteers must uphold high standards of professionalism, personal responsibility and Christian character in all they say and do. They must agree to:
Be dependable: Good intentions that lead to missed appointments or unfinished tasks leave us vulnerable to losing credibility and trust with frightened women who already feel they have no one to turn to for reliable help. We expect volunteers to be on time and stay for the time they have committed to the ministry. If you are unable to cover your shift on your regularly scheduled day you are asked to get a replacement for your shift. Always let the Client Services Director know when you will not be available for your shift and the name of the person who will replace you for that shift.
Maintain a servant’s heart: There are many jobs to be done at RFW; some are thrilling and many are menial. Staff and volunteers all ‘help where it’s needed.’ Those involved with client care will receive training and mentoring.
Follow the policies and procedures: RFW Policies and Procedures are written to foster excellence, and protect and guide all in the carrying out of their duties. We expect volunteers to follow policies and to work co-operatively with supervisors. Policy and Procedure Manuals can be found in the reception area and in the Client Services Director’s office. All staff and volunteers are expected to read the manual within one week of starting your duties.
Be devoted as a team through prayer: A time of prayer is provided for all staff and volunteers daily at 9:15am and 1:15pm. Volunteers are encouraged to attend these prayer times.
Provide a Letter of Recommendation: Be willing to provide a Letter of Recommendation from your pastor if asked to do so.
Be in agreement with our Statements: In order to assure harmony in the center we ask that all staff and volunteers be in agreement with our Statement of Faith and our Principles.
Keep confidentiality: All volunteers and staff are required to keep all information about our clients at RFW in strictest confidence. We ask that you keep this information confidential even after you no longer volunteer at RFW.
Attend Quarterly Meetings: If you are unable to attend a scheduled meeting please let your Supervisor know in advance of the meeting. We require 75% attendance throughout the year. On-going training plays a vital role in the quality of service we provide to our clients.
Regularly attend a local church: RFW is a ministry of the Church to the community. As such, volunteers are asked to be involved in a local church/parish and in regular attendance. We ask that you attend at a minimum of twice monthly (on average-we understand that vacation and sicknesses happen).
Maintain a lifestyle of sexual integrity: Staying abstinent if single or faithful within marriage.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in his sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved unto the resurrection of life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
HOURS & LOCATION
RESOURCES FOR WOMEN
624 S. Ridgewood Ave.
Suites B & C
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
10am - 4pm
10am - 4pm
10am - 1pm
10am - 4pm
Resources for Women Daytona Beach, FL
Resources for Women
624 S. Ridgewood Ave., Suites B & C
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
This center does not offer or refer for pregnancy terminations or birth control.
Information is provided as an educational service and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.